Call for Abstracts
10th International Outdoor Education Research Conference
March 4 – 8, 2024 Tokyo, Japan
Continuing in the tradition of previous International Outdoor Education Research Conferences, the aim of this conference is to build on the social, cultural, and critical dimensions of research and theorizing in diverse outdoor traditions, including education (both learning and teaching), recreation, place, sustainability, and therapy. Therefore, there is no specialized theme. The conference welcomes all abstracts that, based on outdoor studies research, broadly enhance the understandings and practices of outdoor education and recreation.
Presentations from various disciplinary angles, across a variety of themes, are welcome from researchers, practitioners, and graduate students.
- Presenters are required to register for the IOERC10 and pay a fee on their own in advance. Presenters shall attend the conference and speak face to face.
- Presentations will be given in English and must be understandable for researchers, practitioners, and students.
- Presentation formats include Oral presentation and Poster presentation.
- Oral presentation should be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion with audience.
- There will be timetabled slots (an hour) for Poster presenters to engage with conference delegates around their posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted through submission web service, Oxford Abstracts. Submission are now closed(Deadlines has passed). Thank you.
- The submission form will ask for the Title, Authors and Affiliations, Abstracts (maximum 300 words), Keywords (2 to 5), and Type of Presentation (Oral or Poster). One or two key references should be sufficient in Abstracts (not included in word count).
- The submission deadline is
May 31June 4 (Japan time), 2023. Abstracts will undergo a peer review process by members of the International Academic Committee and other subject-matter experts.
- All submitters will receive notification of acceptance, rejection, or revisions of their proposals from Oxford Abstracts by August 31, 2023.
- If revisions are required, the modification and resubmission should be completed by September 30, 2023.
- We will publish an e-book of conference abstracts and send it to participants by e-mail before the conference.
If you have any questions regarding abstract submission, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org